Partnering with VMware to Secure Hybrid Cloud Environments
Leadership in a specific market requires a constant focus on delivering solutions that help customers reduce distractions and focus on their core competencies. VMware has led the server virtualization market with their attention to customer success. In order to partner with VMware, the bar is set very high. At Trend Micro, we are very proud of the long history of our strategic relationship with VMware. The customer success that has resulted through our close partnership has led VMware to recognize Trend Micro as their “APJ Technology Partner of the Year” for the second straight year. This partnership is built on deep technical integration along with a focused alignment around what it takes to deliver customer success at the account management level.
Hybrid Cloud is a reality
The journey to the cloud is different for everyone. Every organization is at a different stage when it comes to their blend of data center and cloud deployments. When it comes to security, experience matters. Securing the hybrid cloud is no exception. Trend Micro, is the global leader in virtualization and cloud security, and VMware is the leading provider of virtualization infrastructure. The two companies have worked together for eight years to innovate the most comprehensive security solution for hybrid cloud VMware environments.
Organizations that rely on legacy physical security solutions and perimeter defenses leave security gaps that expose them to critical attacks. Trend Micro has collaborated very closely with VMware to integrate into the VMware platform at a granular level to improve virtualization. However, every journey to the cloud is different.
Automated security for your hybrid cloud
Trend Micro Deep Security, the #1 server security platform, provides automated security for your hybrid cloud. You can protect all your servers—physical, virtualized, cloud and hybrid environments—with a single security solution. Deep Security includes multiple, advanced security controls that provide threat protection capabilities and it works seamlessly with all the major VMware solutions.
- VMware vSphere (including vSphere 6): Deep Security provides a range of agentless and lightweight agent-based options depending on your environment.
- VMware NSX: When deployed with VMware NSX, Deep Security greatly enhances the security posture of the data center by extending micro-segmentation with agentless advanced security controls for system and network security. This enables granular unit-level security at a VM level.
- VMware Horizon VDI environments: Deep Security extends the security controls, with efficiency design elements such as scan caching, to offer best-in-class performance for VDI deployments. This results in up to 20x faster scans, 2x faster logins, and 30% more VM density.
- VMware vCloud Air: Deep Security enables vCloud users to fulfill their shared security responsibilities by easily extending on-premises security to cloud workloads.
- Vmware vRealize Operations: Deep Security events can now be viewed within the VMware operations console. Enabling organizations to correlate the impact of system and security events in a single view.
With Trend Micro Deep Security, you benefit from advanced threat protection for your software-defined data center with key capabilities including:
- Automated security capabilities: anti-malware with web reputation, host-based firewall, intrusion prevention, integrity monitoring, and log inspection
- Vulnerability shielding with virtual patching to protect applications and servers from unknown and known vulnerabilities like Shellshock and Heartbleed
- Deployment flexibility: available as software or as a service. Includes full multi-tenant capabilities for easy service operation
- Reduced cost and complexity: highly integrated with VMware to reduce operational impact with a single platform for management of security controls and policies across multiple environments: physical, virtual, and cloud
- Easy administration: with tight integrations to management consoles from Trend Micro, VMware, and enterprise directories
- Compliance: addresses major regulatory requirements for PCI DSS 3.0, HIPAA, NIST, SAS 70, and many others
Advanced security for VMware
Trend Micro and VMware continue to partner closely with each other and customers to identify complex security challenges that arise in today’s data center. Only Trend Micro Deep Security protects thousands of customers and millions of servers across VMware environments. And don’t forget it was purpose-built to provide you with an intuitive and trusted security experience across hybrid cloud environments.