Online gaming has exploded in popularity in recent years, and it doesn’t look to be slowing down anytime soon. While it can be great fun, there are some precautions you need to take, especially if you have children interested in playing online.
• Make sure your username doesn’t reveal anything personal
• Your password should be difficult to crack
• Use strong security software
• Have your PC’s firewall turned on
• Don’t give out any personal information to fellow players. (Children should be warned to be especially careful about this.)
• Don’t download files from unknown sources
• Know your games. If your kids are going to play online games, make sure you evaluate them first. (Many are not appropriate for children.)
• Monitor your child’s gaming and keep an eye out for any inappropriate behavior.
• Some Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG’s) are so popular that people sell game items online for real money. Be sure that you are making a purchase from a reliable source.
Online gaming can provide hours (and hours and hours!) of fun, but you need to make sure it’s safe. Anytime you use the Internet you need to have strong security software from a reputable provider in place that will protect you and your computer.
One of the best steps you can take is to install Trend Micro™ Titanium™ on your computer. That step alone will protect you from all sorts of malware that you can be exposed to when you play games online. You are also protected from compromised websites and other dangers. It will allow you to game online fearlessly!