Trend Micro is proud to announce it has been shortlisted in three categories for the prestigious SC Magazine Awards 2014 in the US. SC Magazine is one of the most widely respected and well-read publications in the information security space, and its annual awards bash, now in its 17th year, is one of the highlights of the calendar year. With the awards boasting over 650 nominations in 31 categories, Trend Micro is proud to have been selected among just a handful to compete for three major titles: Best Cloud Computing Security Solution; Best Email Security Solution; and Best Security Company.
Here’s a bit more on why Trend Micro was selected for each:
Deep Security: Best Cloud Computing Security Solution
Deep Security is Trend Micro’s flagship security suite designed to help organizations of all sizes protect cloud workloads from data breaches and business disruptions. Its single platform has been optimized for the cloud to ensure security can be integrated into cloud operations while addressing risk and compliance concerns.
- Complete and Comprehensive: The most complete set of recommended security capabilities, including intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS), anti-malware, advanced firewall, integrity monitoring and web reputation.
- Ease of Deployment: Simple, automated deployment through compatibility with the leading cloud deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Rightscale, OpsWorks, etc.)
- Automated Protection & Policy: Automatically recognizes new instances and applies the right policy to the right servers, reducing the overall time to manage security.
- Single Management Console: Manages all security activities from a single console, providing a current view of cloud instances, as well as physical and virtual environments.
- Flexible Deployment Options: Offered as a service or as software, providing the flexibility to choose the most appropriate model for the business.
The business benefits are clear – low management overhead, low TCO, flexible deployment, utility-based pricing, and all the industry-leading security necessary to accelerate ROI from cloud projects.
ScanMail: Best Email Security Solution
ScanMail has helped Trend Micro to the number two spot in the messaging security market, according to analyst IDC, and has the lowest administration overhead and TCO of the 4 top vendors, according to Osterman Research. It features comprehensive coverage including anti-spam, DLP, anti-malware, and sophisticated protection against malicious embedded URLs, advanced malware and targeted threats.
Its anti-APT capabilities in particular make it a force to be reckoned with, powered by sandbox execution (in conjunction with Deep Discovery) to better detect these covert new threats. Not only will ScanMail show security staff step-by-step how prevalent an attack is and which criminal groups may be behind it, but it also let admins search, destroy and clean-up affected emails after an incident. Trend Micro’s flagship email product is also powered by our unique cloud-based Smart Protection Network to leverage 7TB of threat intelligence collected daily from around the globe.
Trend Micro: Best Security Company
Finally there’s the big one – best security company. As the world’s largest independent pure play security company, and with a long and successful 25-year history behind us, we feel proud to be competing in this category. Over the past quarter of a century, our dedication to R&D has landed us many firsts: world’s first corporate server protection and first gateway-based virus protection in the 1990s; the first cloud-based global threat intelligence in the 2000s; as well as the first agentless security for VMware in this decade.
What’s more, with over three million customers, including 48 of the top 50 global corporations, there’s plenty more to come. Whatever the result at the SC Magazine Awards 2014 on Feb. 25, we’ll continue to focus ruthlessly on delivering critical security solutions for our customers: Complete User Protection; Cloud and Data Center Security; and Custom Defense.
Here’s to the next 25 years.