The Content Security Team encountered a phishing page of VONAGE.
Vonage is a publicly-held commercial voice over IP (VoIP) network and SIP company that provides telephone service via a broadband connection.
The phishing page looks exactly like Vonage official log in page. The phishing site asks the user to enter their user name and password. Once done, the information will be sent to a remote user, thus gaining unauthorized access to the affected user’s account.
Quite similar to Vonage is Skype, which is also another popular VoIP service. Although contrary to the former, the latter does not require any special hardware to make long-distance calls. It has also been used as medium for distributing malicious files. Here are some of the previous reports related to Skype:
- STRAT struts its stuff via Skype
- Look, up in the Skype! It’s a bird! No, it’s another Worm!
- WORM_SKIPI skips and spreads via Skype
- New Skype Copycat Steals User Credentials
- Blue Sky[pe] predicted today. Good weather for Phishing
- Got Skype Fraud
Share this article