I’m the owner of www.primaveraviaggi.it and visitors cannot open my website because “malicious” advice from Trend Micro Antivirus. I’ve already asked for a re-classification from http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/index.php, but the website is still marked as “dangerous.” Could you please tell us how to solve this issue? Is there another form to signal false positive?
If you believe a URL has been mistakenly classified as malicious but you know for a fact the website to which it points is otherwise safe and reputable, then your users can whitelist the URL in their Trend Micro protection software. By whitelisting the URL in question, you are telling Trend Micro’s URL filtering software not to block access to the website. Assuming the vistors to your website are using Trend Micro™ Titanium™, they can use this procedure to whitelist a URL:
- Open the Titanium Console.
- Clock on the blue Tools button in the lower left hand corner of the console.
- Select Parental Controls.
- Click on the Trust or Block Websites link in lower left hand corner of the Parental Controls screen.
- Click on the Add button under Protection Settings for Websites.
- Type http://www.primaveraviaggi.it in the Add or Edit Item box.
- Select Trust in the Response dropdown menu.
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on the OK button in the Protection Settings screen
- Click on the OK button in the Parental Controls screen.
- Close the Titanium Console.
Thanks for the question. I hope this helps.
Got a security question? Ask Vic