I had a discussion in a forum about how impressed I was with Titanium. When I mentioned that it caught 2 infected files after uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, it was immediately posted that it could have been a wrongly accused file.
How do you check whether a file is legitimately quarantined or not? They were both documents I scanned as PDF a few years back with my own printer so I know it wasn’t a bad download. – Vince Bohlier
Thanks for the question, Vince, and your enthusiasm for Trend Micro™ Titanium™. If you believe Titanium 2012 removed a file that was not malware, you can recover it from Quarantine using this procedure:
- Open the Titanium control panel.
- Click on the link in the Security Summary bar.
- Click on the link under the Web Threats item to the right of Threat Types pie chart in the Security Report panel.
- Click on the link under Viruses.
- Click on each file that you think was incorrectly quarantined.
- Click on the Restore button in the panel that slides in from the right. This will restore the file to its original location and add it to the Exception List so it won’t be flagged as malware again.
Got a security question? Ask Vic
I work for Trend Micro and all opinions expressed here are my own.