I don’t usually do posts that focus on products, partnerships, or really anything around the business side of Trend Micro. I like to stick to technical education.
However, I wanted to point out a joint partnership that we recently launched with CloudNexa, a premier AWS consulting partner (FYI, Trend Micro is an AWS advanced technology partner).
The reason why I think this partnership is important to highlight is that it shows what’s possible when the vendor side of the industry embraces the cloud approach to IT solutions.
Specifics of the deal are simple. CloudNexa has pulled together a consolidated service offering that builds on the power of:
- Sumo Logic for log management & analytics
- AppDynamics for application performance management
- Trend Micro Deep Security
All managed as part of CloudNexa’s vNOC managed cloud platform. This is by far the simplest, fastest way for organizations to get up-and-running in the cloud with a rock solid foundation.
It’s also the first time anyone has put together the top solutions from AWS partners into one, integrated offering. This is exciting stuff.
The best way to see the value of this solution is to talk to the folks using it on a daily basis. If you’re attending AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas next week, here’s the quickest way to do that:
- Visit CloudNexa in booth 418 on the expo floor
- Swing by booth 403 to speak with the Sumo Logic team
- Visit AppDynamics at booth 733 on the expo floor
- Trend Micro is hanging out at booth 625 right next to the AWS teams
Visiting the expo is one thing but you’ll also want to be going to as many breakout sessions as you can fit into the day. These sessions will shed more light on various aspects of the joint solution:
- ENT214 – Flying Through Airport Security Using a Multiregion, Managed Solution features MJ DiBerardino, the CTO of Cloudnexa as a speaker
- ENT215 – Cloud Readiness for Government Institutions, How to Lead the Charge to AWS has Joel Davne, the CEO of CloudNexa taking the stage with a host of others
- APP203 – How Sumo Logic and Anki Build Highly Resilient Services on AWS to Manage Massive Usage Spikes has SumoLogic’s CTO, Christian Beedgen speaking
- SEC313 – Updating Security Operations for the Cloud is my breakout 🙂 where I’ll be showing how you can improve your security practice by leveraging features of the AWS Cloud
- SEC314 – Customer Perspectives on Implementing Security Controls with AWS is a panel discussion hosted by Trend Micro addressing the realities of the shared responsibility model for security action
If you’re not on-site at re:Invent, sign up for the live stream. You’ll also be able to see all of the breakout sessions on YouTube after the conference.