It’s no understatement to say the cloud computing is revolutionizing the way we live and work. From a corporate perspective, tools like the hugely popular Office 365 are making organizations more agile, productive and cost efficient than ever before. But there are risks and that’s why we built Cloud App Security – a comprehensive security suite offering advanced threat protection for users of the major online platform.
Today we announced the integration of Cloud App Security in the AppDirect cloud service commerce ecosystem, which will allow cloud service providers to offer our leading Office 365 security suite to their customers.
Threats on the horizon
Office 365 has continued its stellar growth this year, with 50,000 SMEs signing up every month, over 15 million consumer subscribers and four out of five Fortune 500 companies now running it.
But online threats are never far away and well-resourced, determined cybercriminal gangs are looking to exploit any weaknesses they can in businesses’ systems to steal customer data, sensitive IP and trade secrets. Attacks have become highly targeted and designed to slip under the radar of traditional security filters.
To help mitigate these risks, Microsoft includes a full suite of built-in security tools with Office 365 deployments. But for organizations which need additional protection to supplement this baseline security, we built Trend Micro Cloud App Security.
A perfect match
Cloud App Security offers a variety of additional benefits including:
- Anti-spear phishing Detect threats using web reputation and cloud-based intelligence, alongside dynamic sandbox analysis to pick out zero day malware and block risky files before they’re downloaded
- Secure collaboration Files on mobiles are scanned for threats, and malware disguised in Office docs is blocked
- Control over sensitive data Control over Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive for Business data. Up to 200 built-in and customizable templates simplify set up. Real-time monitoring blocks, quarantines and reports
- No impact on Office 365 Works with all devices: desktop, mobile, Outlook Web Access. Preserves full user and admin functionality of Office 365
- Scalability and high performance Microsoft API integration means no unnecessary latency; high performance and availability
- Ease of deployment 100% cloud service so there are no software or device changes to burden IT with
By integrating Cloud App Security into AppDirect’s cloud service ecosystem, Trend Micro is offering cloud service partners an easy way to offer additional security for customers who’ve moved messaging, collaboration, storage and sharing into Office 365.
It’s a win-win for resellers and end customers. For Trend Micro channel partners, AppDirect integration will reduce time to market and offer the chance to bundle Cloud App Security with other cloud services – potentially increasing transaction values. And for IT buyers, access to Cloud App Security enables them to leverage all the benefits of Microsoft’s online suite whilst minimizing the risks associated with doing business online.