Last week, Trend Micro recognized the significant success of its top channel partners at its first-ever Global Partner Summit, October 21-23, in Las Vegas. This invitation-only event brought together sales and business executives from Trend Micro’s most successful and productive worldwide channel partners, including platinum, gold and national resellers, systems integrators, service providers and distributors, from five continents and 45 countries. The summit featured diamond sponsors and keynote speakers from AWS, IBM and VMware, and premier sponsors HP and Microsoft.
We are proud to say that, unlike many security vendors, Trend Micro does not compete directly with channel partners, but instead works closely with them to identify and fulfill the growing demand for Trend Micro security solutions and related professional services. The partner summit was a great way to help ensure that our top channel partners are more clearly attuned to the discrete and substantial business opportunities they can address working with Trend Micro.
Andy Welsh, director of partner alliances at Accuvant, agreed, saying, “We’ve long recognized the effectiveness and operational manageability of Trend Micro solutions for cloud and data center security, and for protecting our customers from targeted attacks and advanced malware. At the Global Partner Summit, we were reminded of the clarity of Trend Micro’s vision, their passion for security, and their commitment to excellence in all facets of the business, including channel partnerships.”
At the Summit, we were happy to celebrate the success of twelve of our top channel partners across three award categories:
Global Sales Leadership: These awards recognize top performing Trend Micro channel partners, as measured by sales growth and momentum:
- Gold Partner – Compugen (Canada)
- Platinum Partner – Otsuka Corporation (Japan)
- Systems Integrator Partner – Accuvant (USA)
- National Reseller – PC Connection (USA)
- Distributor – Arrow (Europe – Austria, Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, UK; and USA)
The success demonstrated by these partners is truly impressive, and most importantly, our customers benefit from their knowledge of our market-leading solutions to help them address today’s security challenges.
The second award category is Global Sales Specialist: Theseawards recognize channel partners that have demonstrated exceptional success and strong momentum in selling Trend Micro security solutions that align with Trend Micro’s four areas of specialization:
- Complete User Protection (Trend Micro security solutions for endpoint, web, email and gateway security) – Comparex (Germany)
- Custom Defense (Trend Micro Deep Discovery) – NCS (Singapore)
- Cloud and Data Center Security (Trend Micro Deep Security) – Accuvant (USA)
- Small Business Security (Trend Micro Worry-Free) – Otsuka Corporation (Japan)
These partners stand apart with their specialized expertise in selling our security solutions. Their level of success underscores their ability to help customers address essential security and compliance challenges and requirements.
The final award category is Market Leadership: Market leadership awards recognize channel partners that are at the forefront of key technology shifts related to cloud computing, data center modernization and advanced threat protection. These firms are demonstrating leadership in delivering high-value, integrated solutions that combine Trend Micro security solutions with those of other IT leaders:
- AWS & Trend Micro – Dedalus (Brazil)
- Joint Solution: Amazon EC2™ + Trend Micro Deep Security
- VMware & Trend Micro – Arrow (USA)
- Joint Solution: VMware™ Software Defined Datacenter + Trend Micro Deep Security
- IBM & Trend Micro – Accuvant (USA)
- Joint Solution: IBM™ Security QRadar™ SIEM + Trend Micro Deep Discovery
These partners increasingly recognize the opportunity to attach or upsell our security solutions to other strategic IT product sales. We are extremely impressed with their commitment and success and look forward to continuing to work with them as they capitalize on the growing market demand for these joint solutions.
Our inaugural Global Partner Summit was a great success thanks to the strong relationships we have with our partners. We’re grateful for the value our partners bring to our joint customers, and we’re already looking forward to the second-annual summit in 2015!