At Trend Micro, we’ve always placed the same emphasis on protecting our small and medium-sized business customers as the largest enterprises and government agencies which use our products. After all, the larger organizations might be the ones that grab the headlines, but small firms make up over 99% of all US firms and contribute significantly to the economy. That’s why they’re increasingly targeted by cyber criminals.
So it was great to see Trend Micro’s ongoing commitment to securing smaller businesses validated by Canalys recently when the market watcher placed us number one globally for content security in this segment. Trend Micro leads with a worldwide market share of 16 percent – making us the most popular choice for small businesses around the globe for the fourth year in a row.
We were also praised for our commitment to those firms who don’t have the in-house resources to handle their own security, with our Worry-Free Services and hosted email security options.
We all know that the volume and sophistication of cyber threats is soaring – leading to major data breaches at big name retailers, banks and other organizations in the US last year. But while attacks aimed at small businesses might not always be as advanced or targeted, they still threaten to cause as much or even more disruption and monetary loss relative to size of turnover.
Small businesses represent an easy win for cyber criminals because many don’t have the same level of resource to throw at information security as their larger counterparts. They may lack in-house technical skills and cyber awareness, exposing them to the risk of attack. Some are even targeted with advanced malware in “stepping stone” attacks designed to infiltrate a larger company they do business with. It was recently claimed, for example, that the infamous Target breach actually began with a spear-phishing email sent to one of its contractors – an air conditioning and refrigeration firm based out of Pittsburgh.
The Worry-Free Difference
All of this is why Trend Micro developed Worry-Free Security, a comprehensive range of products offering enterprise grade threat protection for small businesses. As the name suggests, the focus has always been to take the hassle out of security and let small business owners do what they do best – grow their company – while we use our industry-leading expertise to keep the bad guys away.
Here are just a few reasons why Worry-Free is the world’s favorite small business security product range, according to Canalys:
- Prevents malware getting in and sensitive information getting out
- Filters inappropriate or dangerous websites
- Safeguards against phishing and social engineering attacks
- Works across PCs/Macs and virtual/physical environments
- Supports mobile working to ensure staff are protected wherever they are
- Choose to deploy in-house via your servers or let us do the hosting
- Set-up and maintenance is child’s play, with no IT experience needed
- Preserves staff productivity by blocking threats in the cloud thanks to the Smart Protection Network – which identifies and stops 200+ threats each day
- Centralized management via simple dashboard gives you control and visibility